Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees



Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
  • Release 5.1
    • Follow up on vote for manifest to be used for r5.1 release
    • Once approved docker images can be pushed to tungsten fabric namespace
    • Do we need to publish RPMs ?
  • Contrail to Tungsten fabric rebranding
    • What needs to be changed and targeted timelines
  • General Topics

Minutes

  • Past action items
  • New TF repos
    • Publish tf-event repo (tf-dev-env ?)
    • Need Juniper ok to publish repos in tf namespace
  • Casey Cain Needs patch for website merged
  • 5.1 release
    • vote on manifest file
    • will: can we allow the commit that fixes the memory leak?
    • prabhjot: it might not make the cut, but we can have it make the next
    • will: feels bad to release something with a bug when the fix exists
    • casey: maybe a service release?
    • prabhjot: would rather cut a release and then after CI exists do a service release
    • casey: we've got quorum
    • darien: +1 to release
    • sukhdev: we've tested the release?
    • prabhjot: yes, sanity test with multiple vms on a cluster
    • sukhdev: we've picked prabhjot as the release manager for 5.1 release, so +1 to release
    • casey: TSC still needs to vote
      • could vote since we have quorum or wait or vote over email
    • talk about proxies
    • come back to vote end of call or do over email
    • ian: +1 to release
    • ed: problems with releasing artifacts with references to 'contrail'?
    • casey: need to follow up with lawyers about legal issues to trademark
    • will: docs is currently working on rebranding from contrails to tungsten specific
      • keeping some contrail naming so users are not confused
    • prabhjot: would prefer to release after clearing with legal
    • will: the 5.0 TF release also contains contrail references
      • so we might just be able to release
    • prabhjot: that was an oversight
    • ian: if 5.0 was released, we should just push ahead and address in the future
    • casey: mike dolan (lawyer with LF), "probably not"
    • ian: concern is that we keep delaying and get caught up going back and forth
    • casey: should not release with trademarked symbols
    • will: what is contrail in this context, just a user name?
    • sukhdev: if community wants to make a change, let them patch it
      • we just need resources to do it
    • will: juniper is also a part of the community, so we can't leave it up to the rest of the community
    • sukhdev: will push for a patch on juniper's side to get it done
    • ed: if documentation doesn't contain contrails, +1 to release
    • casey: juniper has a vested interest in getting the community to take over the code base
      • if someone from the community can and is willing to submit code, we can move more towards TF owning all the code
      • getting the TF code moved into LF gerrit should be the #1 priority
      • contrail is only a consumer of TF and we should not be held by them
    • sukhdev: will personally help get patches pushed into mainline
      • getting the community to own the patches and pushed into mainline is a good idea
    • ian: juniper is a part of the community
    • sukhdev: the transition is bogged by other technicalities, but we should still be pushing
    • ian: pushing past the awkwardness of the split right now is important as we move forward
      • we still need to be mindful of dealing with juniper and this transitionary period
      • let's not get into a situation where we are concerned with a trademark issue, and hoping that juniper wouldn't sue the community because of hardcoded 'contrails' in releases
    • sukhdev: let's get the patch going
    • will: it's more complicated than that, we don't know how removing/ changing it will affect the rest of the codebase
      • it's important that we have the right people make that change
    • casey: we need to try and be as careful as possible but it's not hte end of the world
      • we've already made an effort to get 5.1 out the door with minimal bugs
      • let's take the time to get the trademarks out and live in a painful time shortly
    • alex: this has been discussed internally
      • would be really difficult to do
      • first change repo names, then establish ci and tests
    • will: there's a layered effect
      • contrail will be in the dom model, it'll be all over
      • first focus on what's visible
      • alex made a good point about how to approach it
      • we cannot just do a find and replace
      • alex's approach is the most reasonable
      • focus on what's visible
      • not a super high priority
    • prabhjot: can we start a thread on rebranding?
    • casey: pick this up at TWS call
    • prabhjot: let's just try and get this into email to save time
  • NCDC Update
    • Please look at the agenda and let Edward Tingknow if you have any feedback.
    • SK: Looks good to him
  • CLA update
    • talked a bit
    • will: there's a new email to CLAs to?
      • who does that get sent to and how does it end up in gerrit
    • casey: send to cla@tungsten.io
      • who receives that: CLA managers (list)
    • will: who actually puts an ICLA into gerrit
    • casey: casey, randy vicky and sukhdev have access to the repository where CLAs are stored
      • then, one of those people enable that in gerrit for whoever submitted
      • this is only for review.opencontrail.org
      • as we move to gerrit.tungsten.io, we have the automated system for CLA + gerrit
    • will: solve for the old since that's what's happening right now
      • who's responsible for getting the cla into gerrit?
    • casey: one of the juniper people + casey can put CLA into repository and then one of randy, vicky or sukhdev can enable in gerrit
    • will: will test later
    • sukhdev: didn't know I could do this, will figure it out 
    • casey: VM Brasseursaid she would be primary on this
  • vote on release over email
  • casey is out next week for LFN event in sweden

Action items