Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom Bridge: https://zoom.us/j/126834756 || Meeting ID: 126 834 756   ||  Recording Repository 

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

TSC Voting Members
Technical RepresentativesCommunity Representatives

Sukhdev Kapur - Juniper

x

Darien Hirotsu - TachTech

x

Sanju Abraham - Stackpath

x

Edward Ting - Cloudasoft


x

Ian Rae - CloudOps

x
Community Elected Roles
Release Manager

Marek Chwal- CodiLime


LF Staff: Casey CainDW TaltonKenny Paul

Others: Nick Davey Szymon KrasuskiSzymon Golebiewski

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company's legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
  • General Topics
    • [question] Is Gerrit Migration over?
    • [question] Do we have release notes for R2011?
    • [question] @Alexandre Levine were you guys able to put README.MD to the repos that we talked about last week? 
    • [question] Does Juniper still wants to move Contrail Operator Framework to Tungsten? If yes, then what is the status of that? Do we need a new liason in the place of Prabhjot? 
    • [discussion] What will happen if we will have a release cadence different from Juniper? What are the pros and cons of that?
    • [question] Juniper has his own JIRA with issues that relate to different releases (like LTS), TF, and Contrail parts (like Contrail Command). Is it possible to set up a flag (field?) in issues that could be freely copied to TF and copy (daily?) their title and comments without any Juniper specific fields? 
    • [discussion] What would be the first step to start removing Contrail references from the source code?
    • [information] Documentation: RST convention, writing convention. 
    • Casey Cain OOO the week of  
  • Any Other Topics


Minutes

Gerrit migration

  • It is over although there will be smaller changes to make it in line with the Gerrit configuration/toolset used in LF
  • In the future, all developers will need to use Linux Foundation logins
  • DW Talton is moving away from LF on 29 Jan. LF will assign a new person to represent LF RelEng support for the TF community.  That person is not yet assigned.  Casey will update the community once the team has assigned someone.

Release notes for R2011

TF Operator Framework

  • Is Juniper still moving to TF Operator Framework?  Currently, the project has no PTL.
  • Alexandre Levine is the lead and Michael Henkel is the support.
  • The project needs to select a new PTL and notify the TSC.  The TSC will then confirm with an email vote (+1, 0, -1)
  • Szymon Krasuski might be able to help here from the Tungsten Fabric side 

Release cadence

  • Pros:
    • We might get new developers working on TF as the release process would be defined by TF itself
  • Cons:
    • We would need to do testing of TF by ourselves. We benefit from piggybacking on testing of TF
  • Proposal:
    • Tungsten Fabric will keep 6 months cadence, and Contrail will have 3 months cadence
    • Tungsten Release will be in sync with Contrail so TF can benefit from tests done by Juniper
    • TF release will gather all features releases by Juniper till the moment of the release
    • Tungsten Fabric will benefit from having its own release management

Removing Contrail references from the source code

  • Who might be a PTL from the Juniper side? Nick Davey will find someone (big grin)

Problems for the future:

  • Testing:
    • How TF can commence testing without Juniper?
    • What are the solution tests?
    • Is there specific hardware needed for the tests?

Action items