Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom Bridge: https://zoom.us/j/126834756 || Meeting ID: 126 834 756   ||  Recording Repository 

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

TSC Voting Members
Technical RepresentativesCommunity Representatives

Sukhdev Kapur - Juniper

x

Darien Hirotsu - TachTech

x

Sanju Abraham - Stackpath


Edward Ting - Cloudasoft

x

Ian Rae - CloudOps

x
Community Elected Roles
Release Manager

Marek Chwal- CodiLime


LF Staff: Casey Cain Vanessa Valderrama

Others: James Kelly Alexandre Levine Szymon Krasuski

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
  • General Topics
    • TSC Election Status
    • Mentorship Program
    • June Developer & Testing Forum
    • Community Release
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

TSC Election Status

  • We did get sufficient candidates for the election, for the technical roles we had no additional candidates therefore we are able to conclude the election for all 3 candidates. For the community roles we are awaiting completion of the voting to determine which 3 candidates will be elected.

Mentorship Program

June Developer & Testing Forum

We have elected to combine the developer and testing forum into 4 day events, that are expanded to 3-4 times a year. These are technical events for which the information is likely to be updated. Some information has been sent out already. We require representation on the program committee from this community. Several hundred people attend, focus on the technical development and cross community collaboration. Nick Davey raises hand to represent the community within the program committee (thank you Nick!). Next event is June 7-10th. Please organize yourselves and your community to attend.

Community Release

  • Marek reporting on the community release, sharing that the release will not be "fully tested". Need to make a decision on how to proceed. Should we release, perhaps as a "beta".
  • Current UBI (Universal Basic Image) currently pulls RHEL artifacts.  Nick is investigating what they can do to change to CentOS builds.  After the build is complete the CI testing may not be as extensive.
    • Nick Davey is working to ensure that Centos builds are published for UBI and tested
    • Autorelease builds and tests against CentOS.
    • Suggestion to wait until the "next release" in 18 days .
      • This release should be a maintenance release
      • There needs to be a focus on collecting the delta of changes and add them to our existing release notes.
      • Marek Chwal addressed a concern about ensuring that the community build is public and accessible so that the community may be able to participate in adding and tweaking test plans.
    • Discussion ensued about the CI testing infrastructure.
      • Edward Ting asked if a virtual gateway could be used for CI testing
        • Alex confirmed that this is possible.
        • Sukhdev Kapur is looking to see if we can get a community VMX license at no cost.
          • Edward Ting asks if we can use VGW instead as it is not Juniper specific.
          • Nick Davey agreed that this would be a good idea.
  • After a brief discussion of next steps the community asked:
  • Andrey Pavlov  to update the wiki with a list of CI requirements to replicate testing and general information on how to access builds and contribute to CI.

Action items

  • Andrey Pavlov  to update the wiki with a list of CI requirements to replicate testing and general information on how to access builds and contribute to CI.