Page tree

Priorities and Actions of the Marketing-WG

 

Running action-item list and status from the bi-weekly marketing working group meeting.

 

September 27, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      Heqing Zhu
  2. Jennifer Fowler

 

Greg and James at ONS Amsterdam this week.

 

Topics:

  1.                      KubeCon China and KubeCon North America
    1.                   Robert to post CFP on TF website and Jennifer to provide to LF (Megan) and circulate via Slack channels, Twitter, and email lists. Heqing to share with contacts in China.  UPDATE 10/1: CFP now live at tungsten.io/kubeconcfp .
    2. KubeCon China CFP has Oct 12 deadline. Schedule review meeting for 10/15 or 10/16 in the afternoon. Who? TC or Marketing? Or both? (Jennifer will coordinate)
    3.                     Jennifer to coordinate with AV/Catering contacts for KubeCon China. [1]
    4.                   SDNLAB is sponsoring (providing Apple iWatches).
    5. Should we have a TF WeChat channel? Heqing will discuss possibility with SDNlab.
  2. 2019 Budget
    1.                    Need to create a Google doc to begin fleshing out 2019 budget (Jennifer)
  3. Newsletter
    1.                    Heqing suggested that we need a weekly [2] newsletter or status report to share marketing activities with the community

 

September 13, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      James Kelly
  2. Jennifer Fowler
  3. Greg Elkinbard
  4. Heqing Zhu

 

Topics:

  1.                      2019 Planning Slides

       Robert will send out the 1st draft

  1. CFP for our Tungsten events

       Jennifer to draft something. Similar to OVS Summit CFP

       Need this for the Shanghai and Seattle events

  1. Akraino integration project has started

       Sukdev kicked this off based on remote compute features

       Blog

       PR

       Paper on Edge computing

  1. Venue for OpenStack Berlin found for November 14th
  2. Venue for KubeCon Seattle confirmed for Monday, Dec 10th

       @Sheraton and will be on the KubeCon schedule

       Need to have CloupOps and RedApt participate in this event otherwise host their event on the weekend before. Recommend them participating in our event.

  1. Half-day workshop at GNTC in Nanjing. This is the agenda Greg and Chee had discussed:

       Project Overview using TF 101 deck and/or TF 201 deck, if ready —about 45-60 min

       Community Overview deck - how to join and be effective — 45 min

       Developer Overview (Material Otto will be presenting at ONS Amsterdam) — 90 minutes

       Plus time for breaks and questions.

  1. Need to sort out the Istio demo for ONS Amsterdam. TOI for James, Greg and Ato with Aniket.

       Need other Amsterdam postcards, pop-up banner, shirt shipping, etc.

August 16, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      James Kelly
  2. Jennifer Fowler
  3. Robert Cathey

 

Topics:

  1.                      Tungsten Fabric OpenLab

       Heqing Zhu has a connection in China with SDN Labs - https://www.sdnlab.com/ may be willing to to host for us for free

       Performance testing

       Free trials like the Contrail hosted trial but purely for open source community

  1.                      Try to coordinate intern opportunities and projects to work on like as the TF CLI, and other projects gaps. Announce hackathon competition to rally and reward people. Heqing to help with planning and James to help with implementation ideas.
  2.               Events coming up: OpenStack PTG, ONS EU, NXTWORK USA, OpenStack Berlin, KubeCon Shanghai, KubeCon Seattle, NXTWORK London

       Sukdev will be PTG and host a small architecture meeting because Jen got us a room

       At ONS EU we are joining the LF-N demo booth, LF-N projects mini-summit, and Celia @ LF will get back to us about a room for an evening event dedicate to TF

       Juniper NXTWORK USA is in Las Vegas Oct 9-11. Tungsten will have a booth that Greg will run. James will help with any booth branding. Jen Allen @ Juniper is point for logistics all up.

  1.               Access to Blueprints and review.opencontrail.org needs to be on the website and contributing docs. James to check on its presence [3]

August 2, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      James Kelly
  2. Heqing Zhu

 

Topics:

  1.                      Heqing Zhu will represent the project on the LFN MAC to complement James from Juniper on the MAC
  2. Tungsten Fabric OpenLab

       Heqing Zhu has a connection in China with SDN Labs - https://www.sdnlab.com/ may be willing to to host for us for free

       Performance testing

       Free trials like the Contrail hosted trial but purely for open source community

  1. Try to coordinate intern opportunities and projects to work on like as the TF CLI, and other projects gaps. Announce hackathon competition to rally and reward people. Heqing to help with planning and James to help with implementation ideas.
  2. CFPs closing for August 12th, KubeCon seattle. Check on DOES and other
  3. Help with the demo setup for ONS
  4. Events coming up: OpenStack PTG, ONS EU, NXTWORK USA, OpenStack Berlin, KubeCon Shanghai, KubeCon Seattle, NXTWORK London

       Sukdev will be PTG and host a small architecture meeting because Jen got us a room

       At ONS EU we are joining the LF-N demo booth, LF-N projects mini-summit, and Celia @ LF will get back to us about a room for an evening event dedicate to TF

       Juniper NXTWORK USA is in Las Vegas Oct 9-11. Tungsten will have a booth that Greg will run. James will help with any booth branding. Jen Allen @ Juniper is point for logistics all up.

  1. Press release - need to check on draft and including fabric features (when is eng committing this) and timing with Jill @ LF
  2.                      Carbide Fast Start on wordpress and github. Use messaging from the deck to update the website
  3.                      Access to Blueprints and review.opencontrail.org needs to be on the website and contributing docs. James to check on its presence [4]

July 19, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      James Kelly
  2. Jennifer Fowler
  3. Andy Lamontagne
  4. Robert Cathey

 

Topics:

  1.                      Portland July TF User Group: recap. Need an update from Sukhdev and/or Greg.
  2. CFPs closing for August 12th, KubeCon seattle. Check on DOES and other
  3. NXTWORK booth for Tungsten. Remind Jen and Yusuke
  4. Carbide Fast Start on wordpress and github. Use messaging from the deck to update the website
  5. Blog post with Nick Davey about TF vs. Calico. Robert is working on it.
  6. Blog post will help inform the data sheet updates. Robert will work on that after the blog.
  7. Press release still tbd
  8.                      Access to Blueprints and review.opencontrail.org needs to be on the website and contributing docs. James to check on its presence [5]

June 21, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      James Kelly
  2. Randy Bias
  3. Jennifer Fowler
  4. Heqing Zhu

 

Topics:

  1.                      Move next Marketing WG call to July 6th
  2. Portland July TF User Group: Across from OCC, $5K target budget, Heqing and James to find people on site with a credit card and to hand out flyers at OSCON. James to draft flyer by 7/3 and socialize. Heqing Zhu to send out an abstract. James to ask Dinesh for the Istio demo and overview. [6]
  3. Find more meetups groups of interest. In the meetup tracker, we have “targets” tabs. Please send any more that you find to Jennifer.
  4. CFPs closing: ONS Amsterdam!!! 6/24, then… KubeCon Shanghai, OpenStack Berlin, etc.
  5. 9/10-14 OpenStack PTG: A TF Hackathon.
  6. Access to Blueprints and review.opencontrail.org needs to be on the website and contributing docs. James to check on its presence. [7]
  7. Carbide Fast Start on wordpress and github
  8.                      Google analytics for tungstenfabric.github.io - done

June 7, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      James Kelly
  2. Heqing Zhu
  3. Andy Lamontagne
  4. Jennifer Fowler

 

Topics:

  1.                      Update the master events list and plan TFUG at ONS, OpenStack Summit and KubeCon Seattle+Shanghai. Who is sponsoring these events and will be there? Who can represent TF in their booths?
  2. Tracking Meetups:

       We need to build a tracker so we look back and measure progress:  need # of attendees, URL, speaker, topic. Aim for 5-10 meetups/month - how are we doing?

       Buckets of Open Networking, OpenStack, Container

       Review meetups coming up: Santa Clara (Intel), DFW, Japan, Poland/Russia, Boston, NY/NJ, Portland (OSN), any others?

  1. TF User group co-located in Portland with the CLS and OSCON. Robert is looking into a venue for the TFUG on 7/17 or 18. Intel and Juniper will put in $5K. Can Lenovo, AT&T or other companies match this? Heqing to get with Greg and check on status.
  2. Documentation punchlist for Randy - actions to build and clean up
  3. Review the data sheet that Robert put together
  4. Review the 101 deck that Robert put together
  5. TF 5.0/5.0.1 Press release and blog
  6.                      Tungsten.io Google Analytics - Newly done

May 10, 2018

Attendees:

  1.                      Andy Lamontagne
  2. Heqing Zhu

 

Topics:

  1.                      Tungsten presence at Juniper events: NXTWORK 2018 [8]
  2.  

 

April 26, 2018

Attendees:

  1. Andy Lamontagne
  2. Geoff Sullivan
  3. James Kelly
  4. Robert Cathey
  5. Jennifer Fowler
  6.                      Heqing Zhu

 

Topics:

  1. Introductions
  2. Go over the community Google Drive
  3. Go over the community Plan of Record and priorities

       Add WeChat as a channel of engagement for China

  1. Upcoming large events: KubeCon, DPDK Summit China, OpenStack Summit, OSCON, list .

       Who is attending and can promote with signage?

       Who can promote on social?

       Interest in having Juniper and Intel co-present at DPDK Summit

       Intel is determining attendees for KubeCon, but Heqing will not attend

 

  1. Upcoming meetups: OSN group in Sunnyvale May 18th, Juniper Japan (tentatively end of May),

       Who is attending and can promote with signage?

       Who can promote on social?

       Need to cover over Slack - ran out of time.

  1.                      Blogs: needs ideas.

       Intel blog on the new DPDK version 17.11

       TF 5.0 features

       KubeCon or Kubernetes with new features in 5.0

  1.                      CFP repository (Jennifer)
  2.               CFPs closing soon… (follow-up)
  3.               YouTube porting videos: currently TF YT is empty.
  4.                 Add new logos to the website: IBM, Inmarsat, ATOS, CENGN, others that may be good to disclose from Juniper customers (James tracking)

 

 


[1] Suggest Juniper to send $5K to SDNLAN local folk, who will work with the event team about the canteen and AV service. This is remained as open.  Who from Juniper can coordinate with SDNLAB folks directly?

[2] Monthly, or Quarterly

[3] James to check on its presence. +jameskelly.net@gmail.com

_Assigned to James Kelly_

[4] James to check on its presence. +jameskelly.net@gmail.com

_Assigned to James Kelly_

[5] James to check on its presence. +jameskelly.net@gmail.com

_Assigned to James Kelly_

[6] James to ask Dinesh for the Istio demo and overview. +jameskelly.net@gmail.com

_Assigned to James Kelly_

[7] James to check on its presence. +jameskelly.net@gmail.com

_Assigned to James Kelly_

[8] TODO: update the events spreadsheet