Attendees & Representation
TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below
X = Present | P = Proxy (Indicate below table with @name for @name
LF Staff: Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori
Others: Marek Chwal Jared Linley Alexandre Levine @Adam Grochowski @Sachchidanand Vaidya
- Start the Recording
- Show the Antitrust Policy
- Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
- General Topics
- Any Other Topics
- A discussion ensued around the R2003 build for release.
- Leveraging upstream DPDK for build R2003 is still using Juniper DPDK.
- Edward Ting asked if R2003 build with Upstream DPDK has been tested?
- Do not have enough cycles to test.
- Prabhjot Singh Sethi with update the build to use the contail dpdk build for the 2003 release and then in the future we will use upstream dpdk build.
- A resolution page has been created in advance of the vote here: https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/iYJdAQ
- Casey will send an email to the TSC mailing list to request the members vote after the 2003 build has been updated.
- Casey asks if we want to call this release 5.2 for this gap release until upstream DPDK is implemented
- Casey asks if we can collaborate on the delta of features from 5.1 to this release for marketing purposes.
- Talked about the need for the community to help identify the different "sub-projects" to clearly define the project structure.
- Prabhjot Singh Sethi we need to enforce that any inbound code or feature must be documented in the wiki and in the community Jira to be an approved project.
- There are concerns about inbound code being documented properly and meets IPR.
- The TSC will be the gating approval for new projects and inbound code review.
- Sanju noted that there is no information in our JIRA.
- Jared noted that Juniper is working on migrating work to the community Jira.
- Sanju believes that he can build a story for the release for the 2003 release from Juniper Jira tickets
- PSS believes that we may be chasing the release too much and need to focus on future releases.
- Prabhjot Singh Sethito update the Release R2003 to include the contrail-dpdk for the gap release build.
- Casey Cain to initiate a vote to approve the gap release of R2003 after it has been updated to include the contrail-dpdk.