- Stable Distribution: A distribution containing the collection of Stable Features as they are compiled into the Stable Release Feature Repository hosted in the Integration project.
- Service Release: A distribution containing the collection of both Stable and Extended Features as they are compiled in the Service Release Feature Repository hosted in the Integration project.
Naming convention proposal
- TFR - TungstenFabricRelease
- YYMM - two last digits of the year and two digits of the month
- SUFIX - mark the status of the release:
- a - for alfa
- b - for beta
- rc - for release candidate
- r - for the final release
- rf - service fix
- TFR-2007-b1 - first beta release of 2020.07 release
- TFR-2007-rc - the release of release candidates for 2020.07
- TFR-2007-r - final release for 2020.07 release
- TFR-2007-rf1 - first patch for the final release for 2020.07
How we will mark releases if we fork them into two or more branches? Shouldn't we rather use the major.minor.branch naming convention?