If there is no matching project you would like to support, and you see an opportunity to provide something new, interesting, valuable to the Tungsten Fabric product, you may propose a brand new project which will fulfill expectations.
- Proposal for a new project should consist of a proper detailed description according to the below template. This will help the Technical Steering Committee to assess and approve your proposal.
- Use this page as a template and create a Jira ticket with the general information below on the TF Community Jira.
- Then link to the Jira ticket on this page: Project Proposals.
- Finally, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to your Jira ticket for Project Proposal.
- The TSC will schedule an opportunity for you to provide a deep dive into your project proposal on the next available Technical Work Stream call.
- Barring any backlog, the TSC should then vote on the approval of your project 2 weeks from the time that you submitted the Jira ticket and notified the TSC of the proposal on the mailing list.
|Name of the Project|
|Description of the goal, purpose, business needs/requirements, reasons for the creation of the new project|
|Responsibility for/Vision||What is the full scope of your proposal? What other components might be affected by this proposal?|
|If this proposal is coming from an existing proprietary codebase, have you ensured that all proprietary trademarks, logos, product names, etc. have been removed? Please specify.|
Meets Board Policy
|Confirmation that proposal meets board policy (including IPR)|
/*filled out by TSC */
|link to the Tungsten repository /*might be filled out later, after project approval */|
|link to the Tungsten tracking system (e.g. Jira) /*might be filled out later, after project approval */|