Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

  • Ian Rae (CloudOps)
  • VMB (Juniper)
  • Jim St Leger (Intel)
  • Paul Carver (AT&T)
  • Doug Marschke (Redapt)
  • Darien Hirotsu (Redapt)
  • Joseph Gasparakis (Intel)
  • ccain (LF)
  • Abhijit (AT&T)

Agenda

  • Ian: Moving to the next phase of governance
  • GSoC: GSoC 2019
  • Community activities at upcoming conferences
    • Darien: Is it worth pursuing integration with CORD?
    • Darien: Similar to GSoC, has anyone looked at TopCoder? In general, are there properties of communities (like GSoC) that the team thinks we should look for?
  • Abhijit: Defect tracking?
  • Meeting organisation
  • Reporting security vulnerabilities in TF

Minutes

  • Election update
    • 14 votes cast so far for the CC
    • Closes on Jan 29th, 5PM PT
    • Casey needs more people to vote
  • Moving to the next phase of governance
    • Transitioning from volunteer board to LF/LFN/charter-driven
    • What's it going to take to get to that point?
    • Need guidance from LF: Election status
    • Next steps once election is sorted
      • Select chair
  • GSoC
    • 3 projects so far
    • VMB will follow up w/Valentin to get his project idea
    • dhirotsu: OK to propose multiple projects?
      • VMB: Sure, why not? But probably should limit each mentor to a single project/student
  • Doug Marschke last day on board is 1/30
    • Didn't run for this election cycle, so won't affect upcoming TSC
  • Defect tracking?
    • New Jira…but now how to use it?
    • AT&T offers to help w/this
    • Paul is adding this to the TC agenda
  • Meeting organisation
    • Joseph can't make it to the next TC call; who can run it?
    • Eventually the TC/CC chairs will run those meetings
    • ccain will cover the next TC call
  • Reporting security vulnerabilities in TF
    • What's the process? Does TF do any code scanning?
    • PC: Know of no scanning tools currently in use (may be, just don't know of it)
    • ccain will ask at TC meeting
  • Community activities at upcoming conferences
    • 2 events at ONS, 1 at KubeCon EU
  • Integration with CORD framework?
    • Has anyone tried to do this?
    • Seems like CORD gets a fair bit of traction in certain spaces
      • Could be an alternate way of doing network virtualisation
    • ccain: CORD is valuable but not sure how well TF could integrate w/CORD directly
      • VCO (Virtual Central Office) to show ODL can do same things as CORD
      • VCO designed to be more flexible than CORD (don't have to use ODL, can use any SDN controller)
      • Could make a very good demo for LFN booth at ONS, but difficult to get the demo done by the deadline
  • What makes for a good community for TF to involve itself in?
    • GSoC is good. What else?
    • VMB suggests Outreachy https://www.outreachy.org
    • ccain: Will be running LFN intern program again, but TF doesn't have LFN interns on their budget anymore

Action items

  • Ian will follow up on the mailing list about the election
  • VMB will follow up with Phil about TPM support
  • VMB will follow up with Valentin about GSoC project
  • ccain will send vote reminder to the mailing lists
  • darien: will do quick research on the CORD thing & report back
  • darien: will do quick research on other communities to collaborate with & bring those to the next meeting
  • No labels