Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 3 Current »

Attendees

  • Paul Carver (AT&T)
  • Liza Fung (AT&T)
  • Casey Cain (Linux Foundation)
  • Jim St. Leger (Intel)
  • Vicky Brasseur (Juniper)
  • Ian Rae (CloudOps)

Agenda

Minutes

  • ccain: There's an uncontested slot for the TC
    • Please nominate now or ask others to do so
    • DEADLINE IS MONDAY
  • ARB
    • Paul: drop ARB, instead use PTLs as an ARB?
      • Will need to make sure one person isn't the PTL of all 5 of the dev projects, naturally
      • Won't work w/o diverse PTLs, of course
      • Have definition for PTLs but they're not really mentioned beyond that; would be good to engage them
    • VMB: How are PTLs selected?
      • Believe it's selection by the projects
    • ccain: Yes, require more dev diversity for committers & PTLs
      • Intention was for ARB to go away in time
      • ARB doesn't need to be a part of the TSC; could be sub-committee
    • VMB: All would be best to discuss after TF has a TSC
    • Paul: Yup, but folks should remember to chime in on the mailing list thread now
      • VMB: +1
    • ccain: Should also make sure that the PTLs should be highly encouraged to be at TSC meetings
      • A conversation for after the TSC is elected
    • VMB: Takes the action to write up issues for these in the TF docs repo
  • Upcoming events…?
    • ccain: ONS, KubeCon. 
      • Also LFN is working on a collocated dev event at a university
      • Details of this are in progress, but probably June-ish
      • Will keep folks in the loop; update in early January
    • Ian: How'd things go at KubeCon & the TF workshop?
      • ccain: Dev event, ~34 in attendance
        • Well-engaged, interesting discussions
      • ccain: In the booth, a lot of familiarity w/TF
        • A lot of questions & engagement there
        • Feel good about that
      • Joseph: Workshop was an interesting day
        • Lots of good discussions w/folks
        • Very good to see a lot of different use cases
        • Learned a lot about how TF can make it easier to build & run
        • Feel it was a very good day
  • Ian: Clear enough communication of TF differentiation w/in ecosystem with use cases? Hearing confusion from some folks.
    • VMB: I think we could use more use cases showing who should use TF, when, why, & what problems it'll solve
    • Ian: But competition between similar projects? LF's opinion here?
      • ccain: LF wants all the projects to succeed, even if there's apparent or potential overlap in functionality
    • Liza: Being confused w/which projects?
      • ccain: ODL, any other SDN controller really; messaging & positioning up to the project
      • Ian: Calico, Weave, Flannel. Particularly the cloud native stuff.
    • Ian: Anyone in LF concerned w/market confusion? Complex ecosystem now.
      • "Hey, maybe we should help make it clear what the relative strengths of the different projects are?"
      • Regarded as an issue at all?
      • ccain: LF sees that diversity is key. Not position of LF to promote projects over each other.
    • Ian: Opportunity for TF to take leadership here
      • "Lots of networking projects. Here's where we fit in."
  • No labels