Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

Jan Gutter (Netronome)

Frikkie Scholtz (Netronome)

Pieter Janse van Vuuren (Netronome)

Joseph Gasparakis (Intel)

Prabhjot Singh Sethi (ATS)

VMB (Juniper)

Edward Ting (Lenovo)

Agenda


  • Release updates and schedule for the upcoming ones
    • When will 5.1 be released? Still end of Feb 2019?
    • When will 5.1.1 be released?
    • What SmartNIC offload features are included in 5.1?
  • SmartNIC full offload
    • +1 from Jeya
    • 0 from Joseph with the view of "if both datapaths are tested and the one doesn't break the other I will convert this to +1"
    • What is the next step?
  • Ed Ting (Lenovo) to give an update on a usecase and the release criteria for TF
  • Any updates/discussions related to Jira?
  • http://148.251.5.90/tpc/ version control?

  • TF doc project group role moving forward?


  • Action items from last week:
    • Phil Robb (PR): Will connect with Casey to take over some of his tasks while he's ill
    • PR: Will work w/LF folks to gather the ATC list
    • Randy Bias (RB): Will check with Codilime about transition of the TF build stuff
    • PR: Will get LF marketing to coordinate w/VMB & RB to get correct dates for the release stuff for the website
    • RB: Will contact Codilime about the Launchpad-Jira transition

Minutes

  • Release updates
    • No known updates to 5.1/5.1.1 schedule
  • SmartNIC offload features included in 5.1?
    • Have partial & have full so far, merged in master branch but not targeted for 5.1
    • No word on this; need to hear from Juniper devs
  • SmartNIC full offload
    • JG: 0 because want to test both full & partial offloads before accepting this
    • Frikkie (FS): Jeya could commit all the code for testing
      • Partial is already merged
        • Merged in master, not in 5.1
      • Full isn't merged yet ← this is the question here
    • There doesn't appear to be any way to tell what's already on the 5.1 branch
  • Use case & release criteria for TF
    • Lots of discussion, no minutes (oops)
    • VMB suggested separate sub-committee for creating a separate release train from Juniper
      • Make sure Juniper people are on it
    • Paul will email a motion to create a new working group for the release train (thanks, Paul!)
  • Jira: VMB said no need to login to see the TF Jira items (thanks to Thanh's work)
  • Deferring last 2 agenda items for next week (out of time)

Action items

  • VMB to bring someone from Juniper to discuss what's in the 5.1 branch (specifically: offloads, but also just in general) – DONE (email is out)
  • VMB: Will review new contributor docs & try to get them all into one spot, at the very least
    • GH/tf/docs
    • GH/tf/website
    • GH/Juniper/contrail…?
  • No labels