2019 TF Priorities and Objectives (submitted to LFN)
2019 Budget (approved by LFN)
Other Community Events / Developer Outreach - $10,000
This is just brainstorming for now. The TFMWG will figure out actual goals after this.
RRC: I've reorganized and consolidated and tightened up a bit.
By the end of 2019...
- Increase Carbide launches by X% (what is the baseline?)
- DAH: Get more "eyeballs"
- DAH: Number of individual launches for underlying tools
- DAH: Number of companies launching underlying tool
- Improve diversity of contributors
- Carriers/enterprises that are using the code but not currently contributing
- Support internship outreach
- Increase number of corporate contributors by X% (is the baseline approximately 5?)
- Increase number of individual contributors by X% (what is the baseline?)
- Increase number of companies attending events
- ONS sessions
- Demo views at conferences
- Get more contributors overall
- developer events
- Increase engagement of existing community
- Increase corporate representation on TFMWG by X% (baseline is ~4-5)
- Currently (March 2019): CloudOps, Juniper, Redapt, CodiLime
- Establish a calendar for regular blog publishing
- Establish social networking plan
- Reduce community use of "Open Contrail" to zero
- Build speaker list/bureau
- Improve website content & usability
- Add a "Why use TF?" page (see this mailing list thread for more info)
- Reduce the alphabet soup (maybe add a glossary)
- Make the site more accessible to people who are not network engineers
- …what else?
Compare to goals of TSC:
- What is our goal with respect to metrics/events/meetups?
- Should be informed by overall goals for 2019 (or select your preferred time period)
- Increase number of users
- In the 2019-04-19 Marketing Meeting notes the team agreed that while this can be a general intention of all marketing outreach, until we can get some sort of metrics there's no way to tell whether we're being successful.
- So this will still be something the team hopes to do through its outreach, but as a goal it's now backlogged until the TF Phone Home feature is live, when we can get more concrete metrics.