Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees



Agenda & Minutes

The wiki was borked when creating the minutes, so we captured them in an etherpad instead. The notes below are moved over from that.

  • Review action items from last week
    • Jill: Will look for actual TF marketing budget numbers & send to the alias
      • Hasn't been able to access these yet
      • But LFN marketing budget isn't broken out by project
      • Marketing activities are planned to be more combined across projects, typically
      • Project-specific things are exceptions
      • Developer summits are a possibility; these funds are allocated for the entire LFN & aren't a part of the marketing budget (TSC would drive this)
      • Also OSN Days (no plans for these until second half of the year), KubeCon (see below)
  • KubeCon LFN Mini-Summit
    • https://lists.tungsten.io/g/marketing/message/71
    • Yesterday there were no TF proposals
    • Mentioned at TSC meeting; swill said they'd look into it at CloudOps
    • Chaitanya pinged some Contrail folks
    • Jill had a look at the proposals: Have at least one TF proposal
    • Still some wiggle room; EOD Monday for proposals
  • Monthly newsletter
    • JL: Setting up a TF column/article in the LFN newsletter?
      • Monthly or every other month - JL to check on # of subscribers
    • CK: Not enough updates for a standalone
      • Use LFN newsletter as launching point
    • CK: Worked on an OpenContrail newsletter. Will post the samples from previous newsletters in the community Gdrive. <-- No, please post in the wiki
    • Darien's going to coordinate with Jill to make sure this happens for every LFN newsletter
  • Review 2019 Marketing goal brainstorming
    • https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/2019+Marketing+WG+Goal+Brainstorming
    • Need to focus this some more to better mesh with reality & our resources
    • Definite DO THIS
      • Blog posts
    • Increase number of users
      • VMB: Have no base metrics; so this will be difficult to gauge
        • Later: phone home
      • JL: Right. Revisit this after the phone home stuff is live
    • Social Media
      • JL: What's the status of the TF twitter
      • VMB: I tweet/RT sometimes
      • JL: Now is an LFN specific account; LF will be handling that one
      • VMB will continue as before; others will join in as they can
    • Keep an eye open for "Open Contrail" in public things (talks, blog posts, etc)
      • Suggest folks make changes as we see them
    • Speaker Bureau
      • JL: Depends how formal to make it
      • RC: Informal group of ambassadors so far
        • Can still help with this process
        • Current list is accurate
        • CloudOps, Juniper, and Yandex are very active
        • Expand by selectively inviting new folks as they show up to the community
      • VMB: Growing list a priority for 2019?
        • RC: Probably don't need to grow it too much
        • Whether & how we grow this group depends on what we want to use it for
        • Meetups? Conferences? Numbers and locations will inform how many & where to look for folks
  • Events to promote/attend
  • Blog schedule
    • https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/Blog+Publishing+Calendar
    • Didn't officially get to this topic, but Darien Hirotsuhad ideas he added:
      • Proposal for April blog (sorry I have drop, but sign me up to write this)
      • Use a version of CK's template for the old mailer list as a blog to get us started
      • Example sections:
        • TSC updates for the month
        • What is being worked on
        • Meet the new TSC Chair
        • Recap the 2019 goals
      • Recap of previous events
        • ONS
        • ServiceMeshDays
      • Upcoming events
  • Carbide refresh and user guide
    • Didn't get to this topic
  • Competitive matrix in the docs
    • Didn't get to this topic

Action items

  • James Kellywill ping the dev@ mailing list to tell folks about EOD Monday deadline to submit TF talks to the KubeCon LFN mini-summit
  • Jill will get the subscriber numbers for the LFN Newsletter
  • VM Brasseur will either add a request for the newsletter goal (what are we trying to accomplish?) either to the TSC meeting agenda or the tsc@ list
  • Jill will forward the latest LFN Newsletter to the marketing@ list
  • Darien Hirotsu will coordinate LFN newsletter stuff with Jill (make sure there's TF content in each edition)
  • VM Brasseur will update the Marketing goals wiki page, backlogging 'increase number of users'
  • Jill will send VM Brasseura LFN tweet to pin to the top of the TF page
  • VM Brasseur will send TF Twitter credentials to Jill
  • VM Brasseur will add to next week's agenda: talk more about goals of speaker bureau, all topics not discussed this week