Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees



Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
  • TSC Rep to the LFN TAC
  • Automated CLA update
  • Call for SME assistance
    • LF training folks need subject matter experts to review training course content
    • Asking for short (30-60) minute calls
    • Please sign up on the Tungsten Fabric Training wiki page
    • This is very important. Please help out.
  • WG membership/leadership (are they in a good place?)
  • The ARB/PTL question
    • Relatedly: Define expectations for PTL role
  • Update on internal Juniper efforts to migrate test/build/release system (Randy)
  • ONS – discussion re: how the conference was and maybe some thoughts on how we can make the next ONS better for TF
  • Review 2019 TSC Priorities list and discuss current initiatives related to the priorities and gaps so we can make sure nothing is slipping through the cracks
  • Regular attendance and readouts from MAC and Infra working groups and possibly vice versa
  • What assets or artifacts need to be built, tested and released together to create a usable deployment?

Minutes

  • TSC rep to the LFN TAC
    • All projects except ODL default to TSC chair
    • RLB: Not it
      • Already on the TAC, would have to hand that chair to someone else from Juniper
      • Doesn't make a lot of sense to have multiple Juniper folks on the TAC
      • Get someone else to the TAC
    • RLB puts forward a motion to have Joseph be the rep
      • ccain: Must self nominate
      • JG: What does this involve…?
        • Attend TAC meetings
        • Represent views of TF community
      • JG: Need to take a week to look at LFN TAC minutes to confirm
    • Conversation to tabled until next week
  • Automated CLA update
    • …ain't got none; ccain is super irritated (cosigned by community)
    • ccain is chasing this down within LF; rattling many cages
  • Call for SME assistance
    • Sukhdev sent email yesterday: https://lists.tungsten.io/g/dev/message/239
    • Need folks to train-the-trainers → be the subject matter expert
    • eting has a question of what build they'll be using
      • RLB says we can take that question offline
    • Are some suggestions for content changes
      • Will handle out of band
  • WG membership/leadership (are they in a good place?)
    • RLB: Need forums for folks to make progress on several matters
    • Have single TSC call but empower smaller teams to work on specific things right now
      • These groups will report back to TSC w/recs & plans
    • Much talk of meeting organisation ideas
    • Agreement that a separate TC call should happen to cover technical matters
    • Table rest of the conversation until future meetings
  • What even is a PTL?
    • What are the expectations/responsibilities of this role?
    • This question is very important to the docs group right now
    • VMB will start a thread on the mailing list about it
  • Build/test/release update
    • Parallel CI/CD is running
    • Problem: a lot of manual QA on Juniper's side
    • Working to automate that manual testing
      • Not clear yet how long this will take; estimate work just started
    • Meantime: may want to have nightly/unstable builds from the parallel CI/CD
      • Would allow community to do dev, testing
    • Thoughts…?
      • JG: Won't be getting infra any time soon?
      • eting: Some coverage, at least?
        • RLB: Yup! There are automated tests, but also significant manual tests
        • eting requests a gap list (what's not automated)
          • RLB: Will take a month at least just to make that assessment, but absolutely yes
      • swill is +1, no other objections
        • Community CI/CD would push nightlies to Dockerhub, TF namespace would also contain the "blessed" earlier versions (4.x, 5.0.x, 5.1.x when it's available)
        • Juniper CI/CD would release to Contrail world
      • RLB: Next week can discuss whether we want to integrate with new gerrit.tungsten.io
  • Next week priority:
    • Review 2019 TSC priorities & confirm are correct

Action items

  • Joseph Gasparakis will review LFN TAC minutes
  • Casey Cain will add LFN TAC rep to next week's TSC call minutes
  • Casey Cain to work with the community to generate Automated ARB/PTL/Committer lists
  • VM Brasseur start a thread on the mailing list about PTL job description
  •  Sukhdev Kapurto send updated ARB list to Brandon Wick <bwick@linuxfoundation.org> at LF and ask him to update the tungsten.io/community page
  • Alex Levine will start building the TF nightlies & publishing to Dockerhub