Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees



Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
  • Update from Docs team (quick) (VM Brasseur)
  • Infra update (quick) (Daniel Pono Takamori)
  • TC call? or expand TSC call to review blueprints?
  • 5.1 release?
  • CLA Update
  • KubeCon EU? Who will be there?
  • GUI maintenance (see this dev@ thread)
  • Beijing-Network & Compute Developers Conference (NCDC) ==> 100 to 150 audiences room

Minutes

  • Action items
    • Budget for swag?
      • LFN swag store 
      • Juniper can kick in but won't be covering it all
      • Darien is asking Redapt to kick in
      • Ian: CloudOps can kick in (check with Maddison)
      • JSL: What is this money for…?
        • To fund inventory in the store
        • Can then figure out what to do with the inventory
      • JSL: Is this store even well trafficked?
        • ccain: Not too much traffic, correct
        • Purpose for developer outreach; hand out codes for free swag to recognize people
    • Docker manifest: push this (Will Stevens)
    • DevStack: push this (Will Stevens)
    • Intel show up to MWG: done
    • Blueprint process: pushed out
      • Depends on migration plan
    • Send updated ARB list to Brandon: done
    • tsc@ thread about core committers/PTLs: pushed out
      • Depends on migration plan
      • Also tied to the ARB discussion
      • Waiting to have concrete data before starting the thread
  • Docs update
    • Working with Juniper to get a Contrail docs dump
    • Moving tf/docs to Gerrit
  • Infra update
    • Zuul getting set up
    • Working on moving tf/docs
  • TC Call?
    • Need this forum again to review blueprints
    • Expand this call? Have a separate call?
    • VMB argues it's a different group, plus easier to find a 30/60 minute slot than a 90 minute slot
  • 5.1
    • Scheduled for Monday, if everything goes as planned
    • Delay has been to ensure quality: zero P0/P1/P2 bugs
    • Sukhdev Kapur has updated API spec for 5.1 he'll socialise after the release goes out
    • Edward Ting 5.1 will be pushed to the community…?
      • Are there docs about how to build this?
      • SK: Will be tagged as soon as it's released. Can build then
    • Prabhjot Singh Sethi There's no branch for this. Use the tag or…?
      • SK: Will confirm that there'll be a tag. Use this.
    • RLB: Hasn't been well-organised historically
      • Will need to clean up this process once we're doing the build
      • In the meantime, should at least work w/Juniper to document the process so people can build from source
  • CLA Update
    • Ready for consumption, can turn on any time
    • Does NOT work on review.contrail.org, because r.c.o isn't in the LF domain
    • Do it Do it Do it Do it please
  • KubeCon EU: Who's going?
    • VMB, Sukhdev, some of the Progmatic team, Codilime folks
  • GUI maintenance
    • Significant number of serious security vulnerabilities in the Node.js that we're using
      • Using a massively out of date Node.js version
    • Heavy lift to update this Node
    • Juniper has their own GUI, so not maintaining the community version
    • Lenovo had offered to help in the past; need that now; are they able? Anyone else, too?
    • At least develop a roadmap of what it would take to update Node in this (rough level of effort)
    • Edward Ting Made some progress (need to confirm) on this
      • Submitted some fixes, still under Gerrit review
  • NCDC
    • Discussed last week
    • Asking for a workshop (100-150 attendees)
      • No cost to us
    • RLB: Did workshop at KubeCon Shanghai & another event at Nanjing
    • NCDC asking us to confirm the preferred time slot
      • Can reply back to them after we reach out to the teams
    • ccain isn't sure how much value there'll be here because of the late notice.
      • ET: They expect ~1K attendees
    • SK: What do you have in mind, ET?
      • Presentations can be A-OK
      • But really it's up to the community to decide
      • SK's Akraino+TF would be very, very interesting for this event

Action items

  • Casey Cain Send $1K invoice to Jim St. Leger for TF swag
  • VM Brasseur Add the ARB question to next week's TSC call agenda
  • Casey Cain Send a Doodle to determine the time of the TC call
  • Darien Hirotsu Drive a new blog posting for 5.1 release, which is focused on code quality (free of known bugs)
  • Sukhdev Kapur Will send new 5.1 API stuff to the docs@ mailing list
  • Sukhdev Kapur Will confirm with Abhay that the 5.1 release will be tagged
  • Sukhdev Kapur Will get build documentation from Abhay or someone w/in Juniper
  • Casey Cain Turn on the CLA stuff for gerrit.tungsten.io
  • Casey Cain Add to next TWS agenda: Review what Lenovo has contributed (the Gerrit tickets)
  • Edward Ting Collect list of Gerrit patches they've submitted & share w/TSC
  • Randy Bias Check in w/team who ran the workshop in Nanjing to see whether they can help with NCDC
  • Edward Ting Send draft NCDC program proposal to the MWG