Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Proxies:

LF Staff: Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori

Others: Alexandre Levine Lisa Caywood

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Show the Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (all, 9:00-9:05 am)
  • General Topics
    • Events
    • Project Health Review 
    • Issues with dropping commit history while repo migration to tungstenfabric.
    • Proposal for Tungsten Fabric release  Moved to next TSC Call, continued discussion on the mailing list
    • LFN Governing Board Committer Representative
    • Elections
    • Mentorships - Email sent to list with details
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Events

  • ONES takes place in April in LA.  If you have any Unconference topics (small technical breakout sessions), please submit them.
    • Some timeslots will be reserved for on-site booking to accommodate discussions that happen at ONES.
  • ONES Booth demo proposals needs to be submitted by Feb 26th
    • Suggested that we highlight integrations with Akraino in our booth demo submissions
  • TF wants to adopt developer & testing forum, request for topic proposals to indicate target projects
    • Please submit topic proposals here 
    • schedule will be finalized around 15 May
    • followup on Corona virus, an update will be provided for any developments

Project Health Review

  • Casey explained why the community must submit a Project Health Review but explained that we do have a bit of leniency on when we submit. 
  • Casey noted that the slides for the presentation should talk about the improvements that we've made in the community
    • Improvements to CI/CD to allow support for Jenkins
    • Near completion of the repository migration and the benefits that it brings to the community
    • Cross-Project Interactions with Akraino, DPDK, ONAP, etc.
    • Possible migration to GitHub (If we decide on that before the submission date)
    • Refinement of our Governance policies around Blueprints and possible resizing of the TSC (If it's agreed to)
  • After discussion, it was agreed to change the date for PHR to  so that the community has time to refine messaging. 

Issues with Repo migration

  • Commits are getting squashed when migrating to the LF
  • RB: This is by design. 
  • Tags are missing after the migration.  This is making it difficult to map code to a release.  
    • Need to maintain a code base for previous releases also.  This becomes a challenge without the previous branches
    • Alex: Previous branches are still available in Juniper repos

Elections

  • The LFN Governing Board Rep Self-Nomination period is open.  You can find more information here.
    • Casey encourages all eligible committers to self-nominate. 
    • All Self-Nominations must be received by  at 5pm PT.
    • Committers can come from any project to represent the general technical community at the Governing Board.
  • The TF Election has received 5 Technical and 3 Community self-nominations for the 2020 TSC.
    • Currently, the governance states that we must have 5 representatives from each group.
      • We can extend the self-nomination period to  or ask the current TSC to adjust the size of the TSC going forward.
      • During the discussion, it was agreed that the TSC should reduce the number of community seats to 3.
      • Casey will propose a resolution to the TSC for a vote.  Askes all TSC members to vote on this resolution as quickly as possible.

Action items

  • Casey Cainto send a resolution for TSC agreement to reduce the TSC Community Representatives from 5 to 3.