Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Prabhjot Singh Sethi Chairperson - ATS

X

Edward Ting - Cloudasoft

x

Sukhdev Kapur - Juniper

X

Darien Hirotsu - TachTech

x

Sanju Abraham - Stackpath

X



x



Proxies:

LF Staff: Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori

Others: Alexandre Levine Randy Bias

Agenda

Minutes

Randy speaks to the TSC

Elections

  • There are currently 2 ongoing elections for the TSC and Release Manager.
    • Candidates must self-nominate, but if you know anyone that would be good for the role we ask that you encourage them to run for the seat.

Juniper TF Engagement

  • Raj, the CTO of Juniper sent an email to the TSC to express the continued support of Tungsten Fabric.  He will be coming to the  TSC call to answer any questions from the TSC or other Organizational leadership. 
    • Sukhdev Kapur talked about how he is recommending that Juniper consider expanding to double down on supporting the community.
    • Suggested that we prepare questions for Raj in advance as his time will be limited.
    • Edward Ting said that one of the commitments that we need as a community is supporting the community release plan.  Can Juniper provide some feedback on the current release plan proposal?
      • There is another person from Juniper that will be coming to help us soon
      • There is a candidate from Codilime who is very familiar with the code who could be very beneficial in providing feedback.
      • Sukhdev Kapur: We should not wait for Juniper.  TF community should lead the charge and let Juniper follow.
      • We are also working on expanding transparency on the Contrail release and are working towards greater collaboration with the TF community.
    • Sukhdev Kapur suggests that the TSC asks difficult questions to Raj to try and answer questions around bootstrapping the community.
    • Sukhdev Kapur Juniper could also work on mentoring new developers to help bootstrap new developers.  I recommend that the community make those requests to Raj also to help reinforce those points.

June Virtual Developer & Testing Form

  • The Program Committee is meeting tomorrow to start an early draft of the schedule.  Topics must be submitted no later than .  However, it would be very helpful if you could get your topics submitted before.
  • There are a number of topics that the community needs to discuss and the vDTF is a great place to do so.
    • We need topic leaders for:
    • Release Planning
    • Developer Onboarding
    • Community Documentation
    • DPDK upstream
    • Future Outlook & Roadmap
      • Casey will help lead this session, additional topic leaders would be helpful.

Filling the Gap in the TF Release

  • Still working to identify the correct release. Possibly v20.05?
  • We need to update our planning.
  • There seems to be a general consensus that we use a YY.MM format for future releases.
    • It could help stabilize the release to "force" it to have some more consistency. 

Action items

  • Casey Cainto send emails to the community about elections