Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom Bridge: https://zoom.us/j/126834756 || Meeting ID: 126 834 756   ||  Recording Repository 

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Prabhjot Singh Sethi Chairperson - ATS

x

Edward Ting - Cloudasoft

x

Sukhdev Kapur - Juniper

x

Darien Hirotsu - TachTech

x

Sanju Abraham - Stackpath

x

Ian Rae - CloudOps

x

Marek Chwal (Release Manager) - CodiLime

x

LF Staff: Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori

Others: Stephen Moore

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Show the Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
  • General Topics
    • R2003 - announcement
    • Project Definitions 
    • Release Planning
      • Next release pre-planning
    • Jira and Issue Tracking
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Stephen Moore introduced to TF community and has offered to help support our release management efforts.  Marek Chwal and Stephen Moore will sync and work on developing the release plan.

Stephen Moore working on the 20.11 release which Juniper hopes to bring to the upstream community.

Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori talked about the need for community contributions to the Docs.  Also noted that the community needs a docs PTL.

Docs came from contrail contribution.  There currently has not been a lot of effort to maintain.  Confluence is where meetings, governance, and project high-level information lives.  There is a need to define the split of what information lives where. 

Sukhdev Kapur noted that the goal is to get Juniper to contribute to the upstream community.  Juniper is moving in that direction.

What is the size of the current upstream community? Currently that is difficult to tell because contributions have been to review.opencontrail.org which is not tracked.  As resources shift to community resources, metrics will be available at https://lfanalytics.io/projects/lfn%2Ftungsten-fabric/dashboard

R2003

Project Definitions

  • Sukhdev Kapur we can kick-start the conversation with helping identify the core committers for each component or category of the code base.
  • It has been suggested that we coordinate a meeting. 
  • Stephen Moore Nagendra Prasath could potentially help with this effort.  Will try to get him to the  TWS call.
    • SK will continue to evangelize the participation in community meetings from Juniper. 
    • SM suggested that SK sync on the Contrail internal meeting to recruit others to the TF upstream community.
    • SM: We break down responsibility for major components. 
      • vRouter
      • UI
      • Fabric
      • Performance
      • etc
    • Sanju Abraham  we may have a different model than Contrail.  We should be building our structure that is focused on the upstream community.
      • ONAP Integrations would be an example
    • Prabhjot Singh Sethi There is a need to bring Contrail into the upstream and identify the components for that.  In addition, we need a method to allow new projects to join.

Jira and Issue Tracking


Action items

  •