Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom Bridge: https://zoom.us/j/126834756 || Meeting ID: 126 834 756   ||  Recording Repository 

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Prabhjot Singh Sethi Chairperson - ATS

x

Edward Ting - Cloudasoft

x
P

Darien Hirotsu - TachTech

x

Sanju Abraham - Stackpath

x

Ian Rae - CloudOps

x

Marek Chwal (Release Manager) - CodiLime

x

LF Staff: Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori

Others: Szymon Golebiewski Yuvaraja MariappanAdam GrochowskiAlexandre Levine

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Show the Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
  • General Topics
    • Moving to DPDK 19.11 LTS (short update) - exact version will be brought up for voting next week.
    • TF and Juniper upstream unification
    • Onboarding Test
    • New Docs PTL volunteer
    • Project Architecture
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Project unification

  • Prabhjot Singh Sethi and Casey Cain talked about the need to migrate away from review.opencontrail.org
    • What is our migration plan and how long will it take?
    • Juniper requested a 6m migration
    • There were some very vocal concerns brought up to take that long.
  • Migration gating concerns
    • Not all developers are set up to use gerrit.tungsten.io
    • Not all repos from GitHub mirrored in gerrit yet.
    • CI needs to be integrated with gerrit.tungsten.io
    • Carry forward PTLs and Committers to new platform
    • .gitreview update
  • Casey Cain talked about our migration plans to gerrit or another code review platform.
    • Suggested to park discussions on migrations to another platform until the 20.11 release.
    • We should capture input now.
    • Alexandre Levine I would like to see us migrate to the TF Gerrit and then revisit the conversation.
      • Progmatic would prefer to use gerrit over github.
      • Sanju Abraham we prepared an evaluation of the various different platforms. https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/X4BdAQ
        • I believe that Juniper uses GitLab internally for a number of projects.
      • We should evaluate the tools based on the project needs and costs
      • Migration to Gerrit should be a relatively simple task at this point.
    • Prabhjot Singh Sethi We should not push back with a large initial transformation and make the release process more transparent before refining and streamlining the workflows.
      • People first, Process second.
  • Jira migration.
    • jira.tungsten.io is still not being leveraged by the community
    • There is a need to update the workflow and projects on Jira to increase community transparency.  This will help with release planning and any future migration efforts.
    • Need an understanding of how migration to the community Jira could affect commercial releases. 
    • Priority should be to onboard Juniper to the community processes
      • Release processes can be defined by the community
      • Need further clarification on the needs of Juniper to ensure alignment with the community efforts.  Adam Grochowski will help coordinate.
      • Sanju Abraham When it comes to migration, we had initial alignment on launchpad.  When Juniper migrated to Jira, not everything was left in the open.  
        • Because TF is using Jira, we can simplify the unification process.
        • Need to understand how the community can facilitate the Juniper alignment to the Tungsten Fabric community project.

Onboarding Test

  • The TAC and SPC have expressed the desire to improve developer onboarding for all projects.  An effort that has started across all communities is an "Onboarding Test" that is still in draft.
    • The LF is seeking to link some academic institutions to help with new developer feedback.  Recruit onboarding process testers, collect data, report findings and recommendations.
    • Casey Cain calls for some volunteers to participate in developing the test.  

Documentation

  • Szymon Golebiewski has been working on Contrail for some time and is volunteering to contribute to the documentation.  Would like to become the PTL and lead the documentation redesign and update.
    • Will be working on the backlog of docs bugs and create a Jira project for Documentation.

Action items

  • Casey Cainto Update Community Action Plan wiki page to track the gating concerns of migration away from review.opencontrail.org and then start a mailing list thread.