Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom Bridge: https://zoom.us/j/126834756 || Meeting ID: 126 834 756   ||  Recording Repository 

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Prabhjot Singh Sethi Chairperson - ATS

x

Edward Ting - Cloudasoft

x

Sukhdev Kapur - Juniper

x

Darien Hirotsu - TachTech


Sanju Abraham - Stackpath


Ian Rae - CloudOps


x

Marek Chwal (Release Manager) - CodiLime

x

LF Staff: Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori DW Talton

Others: Alexandre Levine Ankur Tandon Stephen Moore Szymon Golebiewski Masha Leybenzon

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
  • Updates (5-10 mins)
    • Milestone Status
    • Review of information in M4 tickets - check-list
  • General Topics
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Milestones

  • Marek reviewed the current status of the milestones and requested documentation for the projects be updated.
    • Szymon noted that there is still a number of Contrail documents that need to be converted to the community.

October Technical Meetings

  • Thanks to everyone who participated!
    • Recordings have been posted on the Minutes pages
    • Some minutes still need to be updated by topic leaders

Release Planning

  • Marek has contact with Jarod and Eric Huang - information about Juniper's plan about next release - We’re in early planning for Q1/2021. The next release likely will be in Feb/Mar.
  • We’re also looking to change our release version scheme to YY.QT. So first quarterly release will be R21.1. We don’t have a RM named yet but we expect that to be soon.
    • Nick noted that they understand that changing the versioning scheme several times has created confusion and frustration in the community.  We would like to change to RYY.QT and make a commitment to not adjust it further.
  • Prabhjot Singh Sethi talked about the release cadence
    • Prabhjot noted that the community release cadence is 6 months.  He noted that this does not align with the quarterly release cadence from Juniper.
    • Prabhjot suggested that the community can continue with a 6 month release cadence.  If Juniper becomes a more active participant in the upstream community, then the TSC could consider shifting to a quarterly release cadence.
      • Nick will like to move to a concurrent release but is fine with a 6 month release 
      • Stephen noted that if Juniper maintains a separate branch to keep a quarterly release process could and will create some difficult overhead maintenance. 
      • Prabhjot explained that the community will have trouble aligning in the long term.
        • The community does not currently have the support and bandwidth to maintain a quarterly release cadence.  Agrees that we would be complicating the process to have Juniper out of alignment.

Misc

  • Prabhjot Singh Sethi talked about the need to diversify the contributor base.  Recommended separating some of the pieces of TF Core where it makes sense.
    • Sukhdev Kapur agreed that it makes sense.
    • A formal proposal will be submitted to the mailing list.
  • Prabhjot Singh Sethi requested that the community review their documentation processes and that we need to ensure that release documentation is provided for R20.11.

Goverance

Casey has prepared a draft proposal update to the Governance documentation and asked the community to review and provide feedback.
https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/HgDjAQ


Action items

  •