Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom Bridge: https://zoom.us/j/126834756 || Meeting ID: 126 834 756   ||  Recording Repository 

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Voting Members
Committer RepresentativesCommunity Representatives
xx


xx

LF Staff: Casey Cain Vanessa Valderrama Chandra Dasari

Others: Edward Ting

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
  • General Topics
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

TSC Election

2021 Priorities

  • Casey - Was waiting for TSC election to conclude. We need to review our priority list and the associated goals and determine how we can achieve these goals.
  • Regarding the priorities, Marek highlights that we have tagged the most appropriate individuals for each priority
  • Casey suggests we categorize priorities, and describe what we want to accomplish and how we want to accomplish them
  • Casey suggest use JIRA to encourage the community to submit issues flagged for review and consideration by the TSC. 
  • Marek points out "community action planning" page is quite old and should perhaps we should consolidate these items and review them as part of the overall TSC priorities. There is agreement
  • Ian brings up the need to update the website, and asks about the Marketing committee. Casey answers that this is an informal committee. Darien volunteers to help

"Interlude" - Casey shares there are potentially committers and contributors who may largely hang out on TF slack while not being active on the mailing lists. Ian asks for clarifications, Casey explains that Slack is great for small interactions that don't need to be widely shared with the community, but potentially rather important discussions are happening in Slack that the "mailing list" needs to know about. Do we as a community need a solution to make sure the Slack doesn't become "dark matter" or even become lost after 10,000 messages which is the limit with the free Slack account for TF. We should encourage more a actvity in the open on the mailing lists as this is an indication of project health and community engagement as well as a searchable history.

Community Release (Marek)

  • Not too much to report this week. Waiting for Juniper release. Need to improve build process to be able to use Centos. Need Alex for further updates.
  • Found out release manager for this release at Juniper is Eric Huang
  • Moved release and documentation meetings from Thursday 8:30 PST to Tuesday 10AM PST to accommodate Eric

Action items

  • Marek Chwal  to adjust TF TSC project and set up Epics in for TSC priorities
  • Marek Chwal to suggest how to consolidate the "community action planning" items into the TSC priorities
  • Casey Cain To update the website to reflect new TSC 
  • Darien Hirotsu Volunteered to coordinate with Adam, with Nick Davey support to get marketing committee efforts organized
  • Casey Cainto help Marek Chwalappropriate privileges for JIRA backlog creation for priorities
  • Nick Daveyto reach out to Mirantis on being more involved in official community channels
  • Casey Cainto consider what we can post in Slack to encourage active TF Slack community members to engage on the mailing lists
  • @all people assigned to priorities should review and add to their epics and stories in Jira