Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom Bridge: || Meeting ID: 126 834 756   ||  Recording Repository 

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Voting Members
Committer RepresentativesCommunity Representatives



LF Staff: Casey Cain Chandra Dasari Vanessa Valderrama

Others: Mateusz Jabłoński Alexandre Levine


  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Agenda Bashing, Roll Call, Action Items (5 Minutes)
  • General Topics
    • Release planning:
      • Purpose of the various projects in TF JIRA:
        • TF Features - Contains EPICs. It helps to track progress for the next release
        • TF Bugs - this is where all bug reports should go
        • TF Core, TF Operator, TF CI/CD, etc. - this is where the story and tasks should be 
    • TSC priorities:
      • Ongoing survey about community priorities - check the bottom of the page → 2021 TSC Priorities
      • Results of the survey after one week:
        • Communication regarding the development of TF features and bugs is done in TF JIRA  - Critical
        • Test documentation is stored in the TF repository and can be freely accessed  - Highly needed
        • Build procedure is written down and it’s stored in - Critical / Highly needed
        • Script for building TF are stored in tf-jenkins repository - Critical
        • CI is managed by clearly nominated LF administrators with all needed privileges - Needed
        • CI infrastructure is documented - Highly needed / Needed
        • Documentation of where release artifacts are stored (docker hub etc.) is in and what naming convention they follow - Critical
        • LF administrators have access to all places where release artifacts are stored (docker hub etc.) - Highly needed / Needed
        • Release artifacts are published by LF administrators, or people designated by TSC, after TSC approval - Critical / Highly needed
        • All code added to TF is exposed in TF either through WebUI, API, or CLI. This means there is no code that is consumed only by proprietary additions - Highly needed
        • PTL responsible for the development of new features delivers Release Notes for those features at the moment required by a milestone description - Critical
        • PTL responsible for the development of new features delivers documentation for those features at the moment required by a milestone description - Critical
        • PTL complies with TF release procedure (keeping EPIC up-to-date, TSC approvals, planning, delivery of the code, documentation, etc.) - Critical / Highly needed
        • There is a person responsible for de-contralization of the source code - Highly needed
        • There is a roadmap of code de-contralization - Highly needed / Needed
        • Code added to TF repo doesn’t use naming other than Tungsten Fabric / TF - Highly needed / Needed
        • All documents/blueprints/tests added to TF repo doesn’t use naming other than Tungsten Fabric / TF - HARD TO DECIDE
        • All code migrated or added to TF has at least unit tests coverage and tests cannot be omitted from the development process - Critical / Highly needed
        • Marketing channels (twitter, linkedin etc.) are managed by a person selected by the TSC or LFN representative - Highly needed
        • Transparent project roadmap for the next release - Critical / Highly needed 
    • Reminder about the Auth0 Migration  
    • Technical Work Stream on Tuesday - a place to present new features, a place to ask questions
    • Who from the community can participate in what way?
  • LFN Ops Survey
  • Any Other Topics



  • Brief discussion about community vacation times and holidays.
  • Casey Cain asked everyone to fill out the LFN Ops Survey if they have not yet done so.
  • Vanessa Valderrama reminded the TF community that we will be migrating to Auth0 next week on 
  • Mateusz Jabłoński started a discussion about a proposed N3000 vRouter-DPDK building process. The details should be discussed and decided on the future meetings. The presentation is available here: TF N3000 building process proposal.pdf

Topic 2

  • Comments

Action items