Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees



Agenda

  • Review Action Items from 2019-03-26 Infra WG meeting notes
  • Ticket for creating Vexxhost account?
  • Update on repo migration
  • Updates on LFID user creation for adding karma to gerrit
  • Update on parallel build setup
  • Update on the testing
  • Updates on JIRA workflow/ issue import 
  • Randy Bias bring infra points to TSC meeting


Minutes

  • Action item review
    • pono coordinating w/folks on the Jira stuff
  • Jira ticket update
    • SK checked with Bill yesterday; he's still working on the workflow for the blueprints
  • Repo migration update
    • SK: Still in the works & being discussed
    • SK: The controller repo seems to have multiple projects in it…?
      • Break up first then move
      • RLB: No, move first
    • SK: Considering moving just one project at a time
      • Minimise risks to Contrail dev
      • Move, test, move, test
    • RLB: We're a year late on this; this is totally unacceptable
      • SK suggests RLB talk to Bikash (Juniper CTO) to raise the urgency
  • Ticket for Vexxhost account
    • AL: Andrey now back from PTO; will have ticket done by next week
    • AL: But this work is now on hold…?
      • RLB: Ticket A-OK now
      • VMB: Gives pono flexibility to get stuff done later
  • LFID user creation
    • pono's ready to roll once he gets the list
    • SK: Do with the repo move…
    • VMB: Nah, not related, move this forward now; get pono the list, please
    • SK: Oh, wait, no; talking about a different thing; should already all have the LF IDs
    • Unsure who is generating the list of people to go into the Gerrit groups
    • pono
      • Gerrit is open for anyone to look at
      • Need the commit bit list
      • Would like lead time on this to test access → ~2 weeks minimum
    • OK, that is the repo committers list; we're talking about the same one
  • Parallel build setup
    • AL: Moving full speed
      • Gerrit, GitHub, Zuul, workers for zuul
      • Have set up an AWS clone of the setup for ~20 projects
        • Some of those 20 aren't getting migrated → not in CI or not working right or whatever
      • Will have most of Contrail projects & major orchestrators
        • Have successfully run CI for majority of these
      • Will be switching to Helm for more tests in the future
      • So have Gerrit, Zuul, tests that pass when Contrail stuff is committed
    • Possible snag
      • 2 different images supported by Contrail
      • But those images are by subscription-only/not open source
      • RLB will look into how the community can do this
    • SK: How will the sanity & integration tests will work with this?
      • AL: Define 'sanity'
        • Existing tests already work in CI
      • SK: Nightly 'sanity'
        • AL: A lot of tests aren't automated or in CI
        • RLB: Will need to start working with Marcus (new at Juniper), but keep working anyway
        • AL: Will start assessing tests once resources free up
      • AL: UI tests will be difficult
        • May not be able to automate this easily
        • SK: As community need to look at this, but not a blocker from Juniper POV for the repo move
          • Maybe automate this separately?
      • SK: OK, integration testing?
        • AL: Anything done manually now should be automated
    • SK: Juniper folks are concerned separation may affect their CI
      • When something OK on TF side breaks Contrail side
      • AL: It's a set of URLs; there's nothing different here
    • SK suggests a third-party CI system a'la OpenStack
      • Sounds like adding triggers to the new CI…?
      • Yes, that's the case (suggests googling "openstack third-party CI")
        • Post as a non-voting job
      • Alex: Will need to research, but can't put a lot of dependencies on the core of CI
        • Is an easier way: already have a way to do this
      • Zuul prevents anything getting into master w/o folks know about it
        • Can set up either voting or non-voting jobs
        • Some in Juniper want a voting job
          • AL, VMB, RLB point out that Juniper no longer can do that, can just negotiate like any other community member
    • AL: For now, all the tests that exist will be migrated
      • Are not such problems, so won't be a problem after the migration either

Action items

  • Sukhdev Kapur will get the commit bit list to pono ~2 weeks before the repo move
  • Randy Bias Discover how TF community can use RHEL official images in its test system
  • Sukhdev Kapur Take this CI gating/ voting discussion to the lists