Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees & Representation

TSC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate below table with @name for @name

Prabhjot Singh Sethi Chairperson - ATS

x

Edward Ting - Cloudasoft

x

Sukhdev Kapur - Juniper

x

Darien Hirotsu - TachTech

x

Sanju Abraham - Stackpath

x

Ian Rae - CloudOps

x
x



Proxies:

LF Staff: Casey Cain Daniel Pono Takamori

Others: Marek Chwal Jared Linley Alexandre Levine @Adam Grochowski @Sachchidanand Vaidya

Agenda

Minutes

Release

  • A discussion ensued around the R2003 build for release.
    • Leveraging upstream DPDK for build R2003 is still using Juniper DPDK.
    • Edward Ting asked if R2003 build with Upstream DPDK has been tested?
      • Do not have enough cycles to test.
      • Prabhjot Singh Sethi with update the build to use the contail dpdk build for the 2003 release and then in the future we will use upstream dpdk build.
  • A resolution page has been created in advance of the vote here: https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/iYJdAQ
    • Casey will send an email to the TSC mailing list to request the members vote after the 2003 build has been updated.
  • Casey asks if we want to call this release 5.2 for this gap release until upstream DPDK is implemented
  • Casey asks if we can collaborate on the delta of features from 5.1 to this release for marketing purposes.

Project Structure

  • Talked about the need for the community to help identify the different "sub-projects" to clearly define the project structure.
  • Prabhjot Singh Sethi we need to enforce that any inbound code or feature must be documented in the wiki and in the community Jira to be an approved project.
    • There are concerns about inbound code being documented properly and meets IPR.
    • The TSC will be the gating approval for new projects and inbound code review.
  • Sanju noted that there is no information in our JIRA.
    • Jared noted that Juniper is working on migrating work to the community Jira.
    • Sanju believes that he can build a story for the release for the 2003 release from Juniper Jira tickets
    • PSS believes that we may be chasing the release too much and need to focus on future releases. 

Action items

  • Prabhjot Singh Sethito update the Release R2003 to include the contrail-dpdk for the gap release build.
  • Casey Cain to initiate a vote to approve the gap release of R2003 after it has been updated to include the contrail-dpdk.
  •