Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees


Agenda

Minutes

  • old action items:
    • pono: smtp is sent from gerrit.tungsten.io
  • jira:
  • @alex levine: 
  • Jakub Bielecki gerrit to gerrit migration
    • squash commit
    • changing names of the repositories
  • @alex : have you migrated any repos to gerrit.tungsten.io
  • Jakub Bielecki first we've built with new named repos
    • built from github
    • able to connect to docker regsitry
  • alex: what have you been able to build
  • Jakub Bielecki contrail vnc
    • able to do sanity and unit tests
    • not able to do windows
  • alex: what's the target date for moving to gerrit.tungsten.io
  • jakub: up to Carlo Contavalli
    • no blockers on my side
  • alex: can we try to build against those renamed repos in the new CI
  • jakub: github account is getting flagged, so needs github support for some help
    • given permissions to gerrit we can push there
  • alex: are the repos ready to be built against?
  • jakub: should be working
  • alex: how to contact jakub?
  • jakub: i'll be on slack tomorrow to coordinate
  • alex: zuul ci ready for beta testing
    • trying to hook up with juniper's gerrit for reviews
    • starting ongoing CI process with reviews coming in to juniper's gerrit
    • questions about artifacts? for carlo and Marcus
  • pono: what kind of questions?
  • alex: jars and vmware bits are in private bits 
    • get a clearing about opening them
  • pono: is the plan to put a nexus in zuul and host artifacts?
  • alex: yes, same as juniper is doing now
    • meeting thursday to estimate disk storage and other stuff
  • pono: how're windows builds?
  • alex: going to postpone until linux builds are tight
  • jakub: codilime is working on it
  • prabhjot: questions about artifacts
    • dependent on zuul?
  • pono: worried about hosting artifacts?
  • prabhjot: no, defining repo hashes or tags?
  • pono: think we'd copy process, but we have no tungsten repos
  • prabhjot: still building off juniper repos
  • sukhdev: juniper doesn't always tag
    • tags for community releases
  • prabhjot: maybe for infra team we need to build and then tag working releases
    • doesn't expect problems with existing points on 5.1 juniper release
    • maintain a list of hashes for tagging
  • will: strongly suggest tagging for releases
    • need it for testing and being able to tell points of divergence from past releases
  • sukhdev: agreed
    • not required for juniper, but necessary for community
    • can't rely on juniper for tagging
    • like prabhjot mentioned, we should just select a hash to tag against
  • prabhjot: take up building 5.1 release
  • pono: great, we'll need to document
  • sukhdev: does prabhjot have access to tag?
  • prabhjot: build first and then tag
    • maybe create a community manifest file to serve as a replacement tag until we have tungsten repos
  • sukhdev: emailed juniper about tagging a 5.1
  • prabhjot: we could just use particular commits
    • more than happy for a tagged 5.1 release
  • will: it would be great for juniper to tag
    • how else will community know what's built into release?
    • release mechanics wiki page?
      • we don't have a 'what do we do' page
    • let's put the knowledge someplace and then figure out where it goes
      • there is not enough community knowledge about the build/ release process
  • prabhjot: need to discuss at TSC about how to get community infra knowledge into place
    • we don't have infra so until then we can't get tight docs
  • will: moving knowledge out of juniper corners into the community
    • how do we even know what we need to cut a release
  • prabhjot: there is a repo outside of version control
    • http://148.251.5.90/tpc/

    • we need to be able to host these rpms/ debs for building
    • versions and storage for builds
    • food for thought


Action items